A quick crochet granny square pattern for when you want to have some granny square fun! I love these crochet squares and I have had to stop myself from making more and more of them. They’re extremely addictive!
- When making tr in the rows/ch-sps below, don’t pull up the yarn too tight.
- You need a 4mm (US G/6) hook and scrap dk acrylic or your own choice of yarn.
- 3ch counts as 1tr stitch (US dc).
- 2ch counts as 1htr stitch )US hdc).
- Written in UK terms.
- For rnd 3, when making the tr into rnd 1 , pull the loop up to the height of rnd 3. Complete as a normal tr.
- Change colour on the last yrh of the htr join.
htr join: yrh (yarn round hook), insert hook in top of 3ch, yrh, pull through, yrh, pull through all 3 loops.
With YA chain 5 and join with a sl st.
Rnd 1: 3ch, 2tr, (2ch, 3tr) three times, htr join.
Rnd 2: 3ch, 2tr in ch-sp, *1ch, (3tr, 2ch, 3tr) in corner sp; rep from * twice, 3tr in ch-sp, 1htr join changing colour to YB on the last pull through (yrh).
Rnd 3: 3ch, 1tr in 2ch-sp of rnd 1, 1tr, *1ch, (1tr in 1ch-sp, 1tr in middle tr of rnd 1, 1tr) in 1ch-sp, 1ch, (1tr, 1tr in ch-sp of rnd 1, 1tr, 2ch, 1tr, 1tr in ch-sp of rnd 1, 1tr, ) in corner ch-sp; rep from * twice, 1ch, (1tr in 1ch-sp, 1tr in middle tr of rnd 1, 1tr) in 1ch-sp, 1ch, 1tr, 1tr in ch-sp of rnd 1, 1tr, 1htr join.
Rnd 4: 3ch, 2tr in ch-sp, *1ch, [3tr in next 1ch-sp, 1ch] twice, **(3tr, 2ch, 3tr) in 2ch-sp; rep from *three times ending final rep at **, 3tr in corner ch-sp, 1htr join changing colour to YC on last pull through.
Rnd 5: 2ch, 1htr in corner ch-sp, htr to corner, *(2htr, 2ch, 2htr) in 2ch-sp, htr to corner; rep from twice, 2htr in corner ch-sp, 2ch and join with a sl st to top of 2ch.
Let me know if you make some, I’d love to see. Cheers! x