Crocheting in 2023
Halloooo! How are you?! It has been a LONG time since I put together a YouTube crochet podcast but the time has come for me to pop my head in to chat about some finished objects.
There has been a lot of crochet going on this year, I’m quite surprised at how much actually. But I did cheat slightly as I thought it would be acceptable to include a few items from 2022 that you won’t have seen because I stopped podcasting about 18 months ago. Therefore, a couple of the patterns are a bit older. Hopefully, I haven’t podcasted about them before. However, please forgive me, my memory of previous episodes is hazy…
Click on the picture above or go to crochet podcast 102 HERE.
Other Podcast Business
Not only do I waffle happily about garments, shawls and bags, but there are also a few other bits and bobs that I will add here too.
First bit of current news: until the end of the month (November 23), you can receive 25% off any of my independently published crochet patterns. I added the sale to my Etsy shop and on Ravelry. At the checkout, enter the code: NOVSALE
Next up…. fancy entering a Giveaway?! I (accidentally) have two copies of Modern Granny Crochet by Iron Lamb. I don’t need two so one will be gifted to a podcast viewer. To enter, just watch episode 102! Leave a comment in the episode’s chat and your name will be popped into a hat; a winner will be picked at random. The deadline is the 5th of December. Please note that I won’t ask for any irrelevant details, all I would need is for the winner to provide a postal address, that’s all.
And my other AOB concludes with… should I do a CAL at the beginning of 2024? It would be in line with the release of my Little Fluffy Clouds cardigan pattern. And if I am super organised I would also publish She Sells Sea Shells at the same time. Therefore, the idea is to do a Cardigan CAL or a garment CAL. Is it something you’re interested in?
Crochet Patterns of the Year
Scroll down for a few photos showing some of my finished objects, however, what I will do first is list everything I chatted about so you can find patterns that are available.
- Before I list what’s featured, please do also check out my Free Patterns Page. There are several other 2023 patterns there that I couldn’t squeeze into this episode, including a hat, a granny shawl and some easy peasy striped wrist warmers.
- Granny Square Jumpers. I have linked to the first, colourful rainbow version. From there you can also find the other patterns where I explored different adjustments.
- Zigzag Chevron bag. A fully lined, crochet tote bag.
- Wildcard – my new fave, a crochet market bag pattern. The link is to Ravelry but you can find it easily on Etsy and Lovecrafts too.
- She Sells Sea Shells featured in Inside Crochet magazine, issue 162. I will release the pattern at the beginning of 2024.
- The Rustic Ripple Wrap was in issue 161 and at some point, I’ll release it as well. It is very similar (but not the same as) the Lorax scarf.
- Riley 2 is a bright and colourful, super chunky sweater. Find it HERE.
- Sweety inspired Milis featured in issue 4 of Moorit magazine. It’s now available on Etsy and Ravelry. The idea for the combo of stitches came from my Mixtape Medley blanket.
- The Barton Hap was commissioned for John Arbon Textiles Annual 3. I am immensely proud of this design. I pushed myself out of comfort zones for this one and I am very glad that I did!
- I wrote a post for different crochet ribbing options. you’ll find a link to the video tutorial in that post too.
Let me know what you think? How has your 2023 been? Did you get much crochet completed?
For more crochet good stuff, it’s definitely worth following me on Instagram, I am there pretty often. I also love a bit of Pinterest so if you’re after crochet ideas, then you know where to find me. And finally, should I make more of an effort with Facebook, what do you reckon?!