Hey everyone, I am very pleased to say that I have a new crochet design up on Ravelry! It’s a pattern for a pretty crochet shawl. It has been tested by some truly wonderful people and I’ve had really lovely (and super useful) feedback.
Not only is this a shawl pattern but I have also included bonus information about how to make a matching blanket! I’m really excited about it. I’m just so pleased with how it turned out. What do you reckon?!
I’ve made another shawl. I couldn’t help myself. When I saw Drops yarn on sale the weekend before last, I had to buy some. It was for research purposes; I wanted to try out my granny triangle shawl pattern again. Take a look on Etsy, it’s for sale!
My original pattern is good and wintery. This time however, I wanted something with more of a drape. I chose Drops Baby Merino this time (it’s 4 ply) and added a chain between each cluster. I’d not used it before and I’m already using it again (another shawl pattern)! I like it, it’s good.
I thought the colours were a bit more summery and the drapey 4 ply would make it less stifling for the season. I’m really quite pleased. I used a 3.25mm hook.
I was very well behaved because I actually managed to block it. A cheats method of blocking but blocking nevertheless. I pinned it out directly on to the carpet (whilst I was watching the telly) and sprayed it with water. Just enough to lightly dampen it. I left it for a few hours and to make sure it was dry, I got the hair dryer on it. I wouldn’t advocate this method because somewhere along the line I will no doubt, end up ruining something.
I love the simple edging. It’s not hard to do. I changed the colour sequence as I didn’t want to buy loads of different balls just to do a couple of rows of each colour. It still is essentially the same thing as the original. It’s four 50gram balls of the green and one each of the other two.
Even though it was something I made up, I forgot how to do the edging so I dutifully followed my own pattern. It worked too (but I shouldn’t let on that I was surprised, of course it worked!). I should confess that I did have to bodge the corner/point. By adding the chains between clusters it changed from multiples of three to multiples of four. I had a skip a stitch here and there whilst making the scallops so that the middle cluster actually ended up in the middle. It’s not noticeable. Promise.
The blocking definitely added to the drapey quality. It has also made the wool feel softer.
I took many many pictures, but sadly none of me wearing it this time. Shame. I got distracted by the cat. And then I started taking photos of other things around the room.
Plants aside, I’ve got some pictures of the cat…
Whenever something woolly comes out she decides it’s somewhere she wants to be. Good old Marceline (not that old, she’s only turning one sometime toward the end of the month).